Monday, March 7, 2011

babies, babies, babies

I have attended or hosted a baby shower at least once a month for the past 6 months. I am so happy that all my friends are going to have kids around the same age as Benjamin. It's also a tiny bit overwhelming when we all get our babies in the same room! I loved that we were all pregnant so close together so we can share tips and advice and I love having meetings of the mommy minds and swapping the latest baby 411.

My sister-in-law Cara was so sweet and let me come to her 4D ultrasound. Seeing little Tucker was the most awesome thing! He looks so much like my brother, but I think he's going to have his momma's smile and chin. Such a doll already! He was making the cutest faces and reminded me a lot of Ben.

Cara asked me for some advice on what to take to the hospital the other day and it got me thinking...
I feel like I should use this blog to keep a diary for myself in the future in case Ben gets a brother or sister someday...so future self: here is some advice:

-keep your little one on a schedule and try to stick to it every day - it makes life so much easier.
-don't be afraid to ask for help.
-bring your own pillow to the hospital.
-call the pediatrian as often as you want - that's what they are there for!
-if your baby hates swaddling, don't force it. if they love it, wrap that baby tight!
-the Boppy newborn lounger is amazing.
-pumping is weird at first, but you will get used to it.
-let your husband help you on some of those middle of the night feedings and get some sleep.
-you will make it past those first few weeks when the adrenaline wears off. Promise.
-love every single moment because they grow up so fast!

I'm sure I left out a thousand key points, but that's the great thing about blogging - you can always write more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment